Discover our capabilities and network
Also referred to as ‘road haulage’ or ‘road transport’, road freight is the transfer of goods and merchandise on roadways with the use of a vehicle (usually a truck). This is one of the most common modes of transport for goods worldwide because it’s efficient, effective and considerably less expensive that air freight.
Because of the varying nature of transported goods and cargo, there are different types of road transport used by logistics companies around the world. This is also based on the degree of development and local infrastructure, as well as the distance that the goods are required to travel by road. The weight and volume of an individual shipment also play an important role when deciding on a type of vehicle.
For short distances and light, small shipments a van or pickup truck will suffice, whereas large shipments (even if less than a truckload) are transported by a truck. This is often in the form of a third-party logistics (3PL) solution that allows for more cost-effective pricing and improved supply chain management.
Canadian Star Line Shipping’s non-asset based Road network provides you with flexibility, improved service levels, accelerated delivery, reduced direct and indirect costs and much less complexity. Integrated Road networks, covering the world.
Logistics Ground in Asia Pacific
- Operating in all major countries and borders
- Extensive services including: linehaul, Pick Up and Delivery (PUD), home delivery, milkrun, cross-border, courier and rail
- Singapore to Shanghai cross-border service
- China to Europe railway service: Innovative service balancing speed and cost; faster than Oceanfreight, cheaper than Airfreight
- Linehaul China: 700 trucks a day, 6.25 million pallets moved yearly
Transportation across Europe
- Multi-sector and multi-mode capabilities
- Working with Pan-European players and niche specialists
- Central control and network monitoring through the Control Tower
- 450,000 tons managed a year
- 40,000 shipments a year
- 200 transport partners
- In Turkey, Logistics handles over 7,700 FTL trips a month
Logistics Ground in North America
- Supports U.S. Domestic network through LTL/FTL services
- Over 70,000 scheduled linehaul segments per year
- Seven hubs and 62 stations
- 7.5 million miles a month
- 8,000 loads a month
To learn more about our ground transportation operations in North America and how we can support your business, please visit www.stylemixthemes.com.
Why use Canadian Star Line Shipping Inc as your Road Freight Forwarder?
The benefits of using Canadian Star Line Shipping are well known by those who have done it before. Our Specialized staff have the experience and knowledge needed to understand every single step in the procedure – from ‘dock to door’. This includes standardization and harmonization of road traffic conventions, regulations and vehicle technologies, such as:
- The adoption of compatible traffic management systems, especially relating to vehicle roadworthiness, vehicle and driver licensing, gross vehicle and axle mass limits, and maximum vehicle dimensions;
- Border-crossing arrangements and dwell-time caused by customs policies;
- Road design standards (minimum pavement strengths to allow for heavy hauls, and minimum lane widths to allow for the transport of large freight items);
- Truck stops and resting facilities for the crew;
Availability of emergency and communication operations and systems; and
- Vehicle repairs, maintenance, recovery and other emergency services.
As far as interstate transportation of goods in the US, there are three documents that are of the greatest importance; the bill of lading, freight bill, and the Free On Board (FOB) terms of sale.
To calculate a freight charge you must first determine which weight break to use based on your shipment weight. Then you divide your total weight by 100 to get your number for ‘per hundred pound’. Take this number and multiply it by the applicable CWT from the rate scale
A Freight Forwarder is an agent who acts on behalf of importers, exporters or other companies to organize the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods. You’ll use computer systems to arrange the best means of transport, taking into account the type of goods and the customers delivery requirements
Here are eight standard export documents you need to understand in order to be successful.
- Proforma Invoice
- Packing List
- Certificates of Origin
- Shipper’s Letter of Instruction
- Bills of Lading
- Dangerous Goods Forms
- Bank Draft
Road transport is easy to access in hilly areas whereas in Rail transport it’s difficult to reach such places. Construction and maintenance cost is less in road transport whereas it’s more in rail transport. Road transport is better than Rail transport to transport goods for short distance
You benefit from our experience in delivering effective solutions to the complex global supply chains of some of the world’s biggest corporations.
You benefit from every innovation, whether it involves a simple extension to our Air and Ocean Freight products, whether it means a development in warehousing.
All of which explains why you’ll find the team of outstanding support at TransCargo ready to apply their passion for solutions in support of your business.